Click here to join Providers, Nonprofits, Businesses, Food Trucks, Entertainment, Artists and more for a Resource Fair dedicated to providing information, empowerment and fun for all participants before, during and after the 5K Walk!
How to Get to the Old Timer Shelter
Click image to see higher resolution
To get to the Ann Morrison Old Timer Shelter:
- (From north of the Boise River): Head south on 9th Street.
- (From south of the Boise River): Head north on S Capitol Blvd.
- Turn west on W Royal Blvd. Take the first right in Ann Morrison Park. Parking is available there (gold areas).
All money raised via the NAMI Treasure Valley Walk will fund:
Free support groups for individuals and families of those living with mental illnesses.
Free informational classes for individuals and families of those living with mental illnesses.
A speakers bureau to give hope to area residents that they, too, can rise above the stigma and debilitating effects of mental illness.
Pamphlets and other marketing materials for posting in area mental health professionals' offices, hospitals, school nurses/counselors' offices, etc.
You can participate in two ways!
You don't need to join a team to participate in the NAMI TV Walk. You can walk by yourself or with a furry friend! Here's how:
- Click here to complete our Individual Walker Signup Form.
- Once you've submitted the form, we'll redirect you to a confirmation page and snail mail you a donation envelope.
- Show up at our walk (see the general instructions above) with your donation envelope.
- Walk! Have fun!
- After the walk, we'll mail you a thank you card and non-profit donation confirmation for your tax records.
Our primary participation method, Teams are led by a Team Coordinator who coordinates registering team participants, distributing donation envelopes and ensuring team members arrive and have a fun time at the Walk. Here's how Team Coordinators can get the ball rolling:
- Click here to complete our Team Signup Form.
- Once you've submitted the form, we'll redirect you to a confirmation page and snail mail you team materials.
- We'll be in touch periodically for status reports and help for your team in obtaining donations.
- Arrive at the Walk about half an hour early (9:30am) to greet your team and get them motivated for the walk!
- Walk! Have fun!
- After the walk, we'll mail you a thank you card and non-profit donation confirmation for each team members' tax records.
NAMI Treasure Valley invites you to be a part of our 1st Annual Resource Fair!
Join Providers, Nonprofits, Businesses, Food Trucks, Entertainment, Artists and more for a Resource Fair dedicated to providing information, empowerment and fun for all participants before, during and after the 5K Walk!
Sign up Here: NAMI TV Resource Fair Registration Form
More Info: NAMI TV WALK 2018 FAQ
How you can help:
- Share! In addition to the joining NAMI TV in the Resource Fair, please feel free to share the news and event with family, friends, coworkers, and social media! We always need more team captains, volunteers and participants.
- Partner with us in joining our Resource Fair to help in our pledge our pledge to the people of the Treasure Valley to raise over $50,000 in contributions which cycle directly back into classes, support groups and educational tools for all of the people of the Valley.
We truly appreciate all the help so many organizations give the Treasure Valley and will not only be a lasting impact to our community but will also give your organization a chance to standing together in fighting against the stigma surrounding mental illness. This year's theme is "Shine Bright," signaling the empowering feeling of overcoming the preconceived notions of mental illness and becoming part of a community of support for those who proudly battle their condition every day.
NAMI Treasure Valley relies on private donations to maintain and expand its programs throughout the Treasure Valley.
To sign up as a NAMI TV Walk sponsor, please send us a message. We'll contact you as soon as possible.